Gateway to Hope
Date: Thursday, March 19th
Time: 5:00 to 9:00 PM
Venue: Kimo Theatre
Please join us for the premier of Gateway. GATEWAY is a film about three families inadvertently impacted by opioid addiction that began with a prescription to manage pain after surgery. It provides an intimate look into the struggles that can be caused by legal opioid prescriptions when the dangers of these medications are not properly understood.
Jennifer lost her son, Cameron, to a heroin overdose when he was only 18 years old. Cameron’s addiction began after he was prescribed opioids to treat pain after suffering several sports-related injuries and surgeries in high school. Since losing Cameron, Jennifer began a mission to build something that she wishes would have existed for her son–a recovery center for adolescents battling addiction.
- Doors open at 5:00 PM.
- Light refreshments provided.
- Visit with local resources in our community.
- Premier begins at 6:45 PM.
- Round-table discussion with local stakeholders, emceed by Chris Schueler.
- We have a limited amount of resource tables available. Please contact Lou Duran, email@example.com to reserve your table. Cost: $100.00.
- If you are a non-profit, please contact Lou to be placed on our wait-list for a free table.
- SEEKING SPONSORS: If you’d like to sponsor this event, please contact Lou at firstname.lastname@example.org