The House of Hope began in 2006 as the dream of a small group of dedicated people who saw a need for a place for alcoholic men to rebuild their lives.
A search for a suitable building began in the Alamogordo area and the current building was located. The house was built in 1898 and was originally used as the railroad hospital until the mid 1920’s. Later the house was used as a tuberculosis hospital and was converted to apartments after WW2.
The house is incorporated as a non-profit under section 501 (c)3 of the Internal Revenue Service and is governed by a nine member Board of Directors.
The house receives no government funds and relies entirely on residents fees and donations. We welcome questions, inspections, and visits from anyone interested in our facility and what we can offer our residents.
Our mission objective is to provide a safe environment for and to serve in the recovery of alcoholic men. We provide a secure and structured sober living environment focusing on responsibility, enterprise, and character for rebuilding the lives of newly sober alcoholic men.