How can I get naloxone?
There are several ways you can get naloxone.
- Ask your pharmacist how to obtain and use naloxone. If you are a Medicaid client, they will pay in full. If you have health insurance, you will be responsible for the copay.
- Ask your doctor for a prescription or if they have a kit you can use.
- Your county Public Health Office (Be sure to check if they carry naloxone and hours of operation.)
- Southwest CARE Center Pharmacy in Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Mountain Center in Espanola or Pojoaque
- Harm reduction programs
- Substance abuse treatment offices
- If you live in Bernalillo, Santa Fe, Rio Arriba or Doña Ana counties, you can also contact a Prescription Drug Overdose (PDO) County Coordinators:
How can I get a naloxone refill or what should I do if my naloxone has expired?
Ask your pharmacist for a refill. For expired naloxone, call a Prescription Drug Overdose (PDO) County Coordinator:
Bernalillo County: 505 328-1391 for both English and Spanish
Santa Fe and Rio Arriba Counties: English (505) 270-5943 & Spanish (505) 670-4220